Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Sticky Wicket

How do you tell your boss you need more money? Especially when you are a complete chicken shit when it comes to things like this...I can't even ask for a day off without having an anxiety attack!  This is the first year I haven't gotten a raise...ok I can deal with it.  Well, I can't really - things are really difficult right now.  I am a single mother now which means our income is much less than last year.  I have pondered more than once looking for a new job....ugh.  My medical is thru my Ex and that will stay until we legally divorce.  I am supposed to see the financial side of that in my pay because its a benefit of my job. Health insurance rates climb every year as we all know, but my medical benefit in my paycheck hasn't.  I raised that concern once and was told there isn't any money for that right now.

My roadblocks are more large large cement walls!  I love my job, I love my bosses - they are almost like family.  We are close, but I don't take advantage of that I do my job without complaining .... ever.  My job isn't rocket science but I believe in my company like it were my own and I really enjoy it.  It has been my salvation many many many days! I work Saturdays which I hate and other weekends when necessary. They are very generous to me in other areas - like time.  I can take care of personal things during the day if they come up which is a huge bonus in my  life as a single mother and homeowner. Who even says I would find another job.

The reality is I know there isn't money for me to get a raise - I do the books! I don't want another job. I love my job, but I am scared that I will have to find something else.   Oy its a sticky situation! I need a miracle.  I need someone to give my company a million dollars! and I need my Ex to make more money!! All, so I can stay happy and DAMN that's all that counts right now!!

3 comments:

  1. You need a supplemental income somehow....and so do I. I'm not one to sell Pampered Chef or Tastefully Simple or Jewelry...but if you are good at throwing parties it might be a consideration.

    Also, you don't know what jobs are out there if you have never looked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK -- So it's not a quick fix... but when all my girls move here (Meg, Maddie, Jen etc) and we start our physical therapy, nutrition, etc business, you can be our business mgr. We will all be wealthy and healthy and drink good red wine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the best news yet! I am ready and so looking forward to it...meanwhile I be poor!

    ReplyDelete